The Arthur Lessac and Sue Ann Park Awards
The Arthur Lessac and Sue Ann Park Awards were created by Certified Trainer Robin Aronson and Master Teacher Crystal Robbins, respectively. These awards are given to students who are embodying and using the Lessac work above and beyond ordinary classroom participation. Any Lessac certified trainer or practitioner who is interested in giving this award at their institute may nominate. It is then up to the teacher/trainer to decide on the form of the award given.
The Sue Ann Park Award
The Sue Ann Park Award is for the student that the certified trainer or practitioner observed as detail-oriented, rigorous, and particularly adept at the written work connected to training and to continued growth.
• Trainer has worked with the recipient for at least 2 semesters in one of the following capacities: as a student, vocal coaching, directing or acing with the recipient, student TA for one of the trainer’s classes.
• Exemplary in the areas of Academic Effort, Rigor, and Standards
• Carryover into personal life
• Passion and skill for marking
• Excellence in analyzing text
• Giving constructive and honest feedback
• Dynamic artist
• Will be listed and/or pictured on the Institute Website Arthur Award and Sue Ann Award page.
• Recipient will receive:
• Welcome letter from the President
• Recipient will be Honored/Featured:
• At the annual Lessac Institute conference banquet
• In the Newsletter and on Facebook
The Arthur Lessac Award
This award is intended to empower a student, who the Lessac certified trainer or practitioner has witnessed, worked with and observed and who truly excels in the area of voice and speech.
Trainer has worked with the recipient for at least 2 semesters in one of the following capacities: as a student, vocal coaching, directing or acting with the recipient, student TA for one of the trainer’s classes.
• Passion and clear growth with the work
• Student embodies the idea that one good voice could change the world
• High work ethic combined with real curiosity
• Gracious and giving human being
• Impacts students around him/her
• Student willing to fail big and seek out solutions